If you do not have Charter Communications cable, you can customize the grid to the channels you receive.
- Near the top of the grid, next to the house icon, click the “Change my location” link.
- Where prompted, enter your zip code and click the Go button. The provider choices below will change to match your location.
- Click on your specific cable or satellite provider, or if you receive broadcast channels via an antenna, click the “Local Broadcast (Antenna)” link at the bottom.
The grid will appear with your provider and channels listed.
1a. Using your Internet browser, go to directly to www.record-eagle.com/tv
1b. Or, from any page on Record-Eagle.com, click the TV link in the silver navigation bar.
2. Click “View complete TV Listings” underneath the TV grid. A larger grid will display showing what’s on right now for the Traverse City area Charter Communications cable lineup.
Using the Record-Eagle’s online TV listings
Maia, salesy text here, for example: By using the Record-Eagle’s online TV listings, you will always get the most up-to-date television schedules, and you can personalize your listings to the channels you receive and watch.
How to view complete television listings
How to change listings to your location and specific channel lineup
How to view listings for future times and dates
The listings grid defaults to what’s on at the current time and day. To check the listings for later times today or days in the future, use one of the following methods.
To view listings for a day in the future, click the down arrow next to the day to select a future date to view.
- Click the right or left arrows on either side of the blue time bar to display listings for the next 3-hour block of time.
- Click the down arrow next to the time to select a future time to view.
- To quickly switch to the primetime grid (beginning at 8 p.m.), click the Primetime button.
How to view listings for a certain channel
- In the “Jump to channel” box, type the first letter of the channel’s call letters. For example, W for local broadcast stations like WFQX (FOX), WPBN (NBC), WCMV (PBS), WGTU (ABC), or WWTV (CBS); or for cable stations, H for HBO, F for Food Network, etc.
- A box will drop-down with choices from your channel grid. Click the choice for the channel you wish to view. If you choice isn’t listed, you can use the scroll bar on the right side of the box to scroll down.
The grid will jump to show that channel at the top. If necessary, you can then use the instructions for viewing future times and dates for that channel.
How to print out television listings
To print the listings grid, click the printer icon towards the right above the grid.
How to view episode descriptions
To view episode descriptions on the grid, click the “Display Descriptions” link. Click “Hide Descriptions” to turn them off.
You can also view episode descriptions and additional details such as the show’s rating and all upcoming episodes by clicking the name of any program on the grid.
How to highlight certain types of programming
By clicking the highlight buttons, you can quickly look for certain types of programming on the listings grid:
- Favorites – Highlights your favorite programs (requires you to select your favorite shows; see separate instructions)
- Sports – Highlights all sports-related programming in orange
- Movies – Highlights all movies in pink
- News – Highlights all news programming in yellowChildren – Highlights all children’s programming in green.
How to quickly search for a specific program
To quickly find out when a certain program will be aired during the current day:
- In the search field, type the name of the program you wish to search for.
- Click the search button next to the search field. The search results will display the next time the program airs, including the episode title, description, channel and date and time.
- To go back to the grid, click the “Back to Grid” link.
Using Advanced Search to search for a specific program
Using the Advance Search feature, you can search by:
- Program Name
- Episode Title
- Sports Team
- Episode Description
You can also restrict your search for programs in
high-definition (HD) only.
- Cast and Crew names
- Genre, and Date
- Click the “Advanced Search” link next to the search field. New options will drop-down in a box below.
- Use the Program Name and/or Genre drop-down menus to select what to search.
- Click in the “from” and “to” date fields to select a date range.
- Check the “Shows in HD” checkbox if you wish to only search for high-definition programs.
- Type your search term in the search field and click the search button.
How to register (for personalizing your settings)
By registering with our TV listings partner, Zap2It, you can personalize your TV listings by choosing your favorite channels and more.
- Click the “Register” link next to the words “New User?” A registration form will appear.
- Fill out the form with your information and click the Register Me button.
- A confirmation e-mail will immediately be sent including your username and password. Click the link in the e-mail to activate your new account. Save this e-mail for future reference should you forget your username or password.
- After clicking the link in the e-mail, you will receive a message that your account has been activated. Click the “Return to TV LISTINGS” link to return to the listings grid.
How to personalize your TV grid
To personalize your TV grid with your favorite channels and other preferences, you must be a registered user. See the instructions above for registering.
- Login if you are not already.
- Click the “Set Preferences” link. The Set My Preferences page will appear.
- Click the channel(s) you’d like to add to your favorites list. Use the Shift or Ctrl keys to select more than one channel at a time.
- Click the Add button to add the channels to your favorites list.
- If necessary, select channels from your favorites list and click the Move Up or Move Down buttons to change the order in which the channels will display on your grid.
- Click the “Show six hour grid” checkbox if you’d like your listing grid to show six hours at a time instead of three. Click the “Show only my favorites in the grid” checkbox if you do not want any other channels to show on your grid. If this box is left unchecked, your favorites will appear at the top of the grid and the full grid will appear below the favorites.
- Click the Save button.
How to select your favorite shows
You can select your favorite programs and then use the “Favorites” highlight button to quickly highlight your shows on the listings grid. Selecting your favorites also allows you to use the calendar feature to view all upcoming airings.
- Login if you are not already
- Click on a program title you wish to make a favorite. The program detail screen will appear.
- Click on the “Make a favorite link” and the program will be added to your favorites.